Thursday, 3 October 2013

Day One - Full class discussion.

This is the first day that we really got into working on our ideas for what our workshops or theater process would be. There is not long left in the semester and i feel that it will be really difficult to try to learn how to do a full workshop or other participatory theater so I am looking to do something on the aesthetic side. I through out the idea of a verbatim piece that would be very simplistic and much like what I understood the Brave to be even though i have not seen it. real hard hitting, gritty down to earth story's about high school and all the issues that go with it. Conor and Charisse both seem very keen to join witch would be good. By the end of the day we have a definite group of 5 and that should be the perfect number for the small amount of time that I think we will end up having.  Verbatim jumped out at me because of the work that Miranda Harcourt did with in the prisons and I think that the same principle would apply to schools. For me it wasn't just about telling story but i wanted to get the real life words and mannerisms behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment