Tuesday, 8 October 2013

So today was our big decision day. Today is the day that we decided whose story we are going to do and exactly how we are going to perform our play. This was a hard decision for the fact that everyone thought that there stories were the most important. As said before the problem with this is detachment. 

Unfortunately we have had to move away from verbatim and into a devised piece. This is because of time and detachment. With verbatim you are meant to use the true words of the people that you have interviewed. Instead we are going to devise a piece that is based around a few of the stories that we all sheared.

I am a little disappointed just because I was looking forward to the whole verbatim. However I am excited because of the opportunity that devising opens up. it makes the creative process easier especial with this group of people. so out of to do was came up with a list of scenarios and problems to cover. The came under four headings. Sexuality Family Image and Depression. These were all dominate issues in all the stories that we sheared so we all agreed that this would be our starting point. under heading we had little snip-its form each story that was relevant to where we might want to go with our story. (These notes will be available ASAP)

By the end of the day we had finally made some good decisions. I took a decision making role because I felt that we were taking to long to decide things and we really had to get started on devising as soon as possible. We have Celena as our central character and that we will all be wearing theater blacks so that we can easily change from one character to another.  We will get character final in our next meeting so I will write about it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment